Renesas Electronics Corporation, Established on April 1, 2003, as a joint venture between Hitachi, Ltd. and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, microprocessors, industrial automation solutions and a broad-range of analog and power components including USB components, MOSFETs and opto-couplers. Renesas is one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world. Besides microcontrollers, Renesas offers system-on-chip devices, smart card ICs, mixed-signal products, flash memories, SRAMs and more.
Business operations began as Renesas Electronics in April 2010 through the integration of NEC Electronics Corporation and Renesas Technology Corp., with operations spanning research, development, design and manufacturing for a wide range of applications.
- The new 8-/16-bit, scalable RL78 family of low power industrial MCU’s
- V850 work-horse 32-bit family of MCUs
- The new RX200 & RX600 32-bit families with greater connectivity for industrial & HMI applications
- SH SoC family for HMI & Motor Control
- USB 2.0 & 3.0 Devices:
- USB Hubs & PHYs
- Industrial Automation:
- ARM-based ERTEC products
- IO-Link Controller
- IEEE 1588 v2 Industrial Ethernet Compliant PHYs
- Power devices including:
- Power MOSFETs