IBS Electronics: IC Failure Analysis
IBS Electronics, Inc. is pleased to announce its Semiconductor Failure Analysis, Reliability and Environmental testing services.
WHITE HORSE LABORATORIES
The IBS Electronics Group has partnered with White Horse Laboratories to support global procurement and Supply Chain Management commitments to our clients.
White Horse established testing, inspection, and packaging business unit in response to the growing proliferation of substandard and counterfeit electronics components. After researching the domestic market, White Horse stepped in where no company previously existed to provide quality control and operational services to foreign and domestic distributors alike. White Horse sets the standard and the model for turnkey services throughout this global industry.
Today, White Horse Laboratories focuses on continually raising the bar of customer expectations by not only providing testing and quality control services, but in educating the industry on standards, processes, terminology, risks, and requirements.
Those protocols include and are not limited to Documentation & Packaging Inspection, General Inspection & Sampling, External Visual Inspection and Electrical Testing to determine the condition and functionality of the deliveries. They follow International Standard and Certifications including AS6081, AS6171, AS9120 and many more to ensure quality control. Other additional laboratory processes are applied for further verification when necessary.
The following are a short list of our services:
- I/V characterization (curve trace)
- Optical microscopic examination
- Chemical or mechanical decapsulation
- Real time X-ray
- Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (C-SAM)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) systems
- Energy Dispersive X-ray analysis (EDX)
- Emission Microscopy
- Hot spot analysis
- Chemical Deprocessing
- Plasma etching
- Parallel lapping
- Cross sectioning
- Ball Shear / Bond Pull
We take faulty chips and analyze them, isolate the failure, and pinpoint the reason.
Reliability and Environmental Tests
- High Temperature Operating Life
- Temperature Humidity Bias testing
- Highly Accelerated Stress Bias Testing (HAST)
- Temperature Cycling
- Preconditioning per JEDEC-A113, all levels
- Low Temperature Burn-in
- Thermal Shock
- Autoclave (Pressure Cooker) testing
- High Temperature Storage
- Vapor phase/air convection simulation
- Scanning Acoustic Microscopy analysis (C-SAM)
- Mark permanency
- High Power Burn-in
- ESD & Latch up